Thursday, November 6, 2008

Open Letter

Dear Matty from the Bronx,

Your show last year was one of the highlights of what was an exceptional year of gigs for me. My ears rang, my body ached and my throat was torn to shreds for weeks afterwards. I ranted and raved about how awesome that show was for months and when it was announced that you were touring again - let’s be honest my knickers became very damp for two reasons…

Last year you broke the news that you had “replaced” half of the band, and basically amalgamated The Drips & The Bronx to form some kind of ‘White Drugs’ supergroup. I was far from happy about this news, but decided to hold off on making an opinion until I heard The Bronx III. I like The Drips enough, I adore The Bronx, I thought it might work out okay.

I’m currently listening to The Bronx III and I am so disappointed that I ache. This album fucking sucks and I’ll only be coming to your stupid show to hear your old stuff.

Matty, Fuck you for breaking up the band.

Cmx

p.s. are you curious about how much this album sucks? http://www.muchmusic.com/music/firstspin/thebronx/

No comments: