Wednesday, October 29, 2008

softer in the dark.

On Sunday I went to the movies to see Young At Heart with my Ma. The movie was okay. Three members of the choir died throughout the movie and I began sobbing at the first death, and continued until the end of the movie. This open display of emotion is very much unlike me, it’s well known in my small circle that I don’t show my feelings. My friend Abby once said “You may wear your heart on your sleeve, but you certainly don’t wear your feelings on your face.” Too true. She thinks she can count the amount of times I have cried on her fingers which works out to about one cry every year for ten years of friendship.

The crying in the cinema shocked and bewildered my Ma. She looked on in wonder, held my hand and whispered “you are so much softer in the dark…”

It's possibly the most accurate observation of me I have heard in quite some time.

No comments: