Wednesday, November 12, 2008

close corners.

I have been tapped by a car on a few occasions, nothing too serious which is surprising given just how accident prone I am, but the close call I had last night was enough to really piss me off. I don't drive becuase I have the common sense to know that I would be a terrible driver. I lack focus, I lack 20/20 vision and I lack the responsibility to handle a two tonne killing machine seriously.

Last night I was walking up Nicholson St from the gym and was about to cross over Moor St. Moor St is exit only from Nicholson St - for those of you that don't know what this means it means that you can not enter Moor St from Nicholson St. NO ENTRY. I checked both ways and proceeded to cross the road when quite literally out of nowhere a very expensive cars bumper bar came heading towards my shins. I looked up in horror, jumped back onto the kerb and watched the car turn from Nicholson St into Moor St, straigh past the no entry sign.

This really shocked and angered me, and my immediate response was to throw my drink bottle at the car- which I did, whilst hurling a torrent of abuse. The man pulled his very expensive car over and yelled out the window "What the fuck do you think you are doing?" I walked up to his car and said "Well, I threw my drink bottle at you for nearly hitting me with your car and followed it up with some abuse. What do you think you're doing?" He looked a little shocked that I questioned him. He said "I'm going to have you charged with Assault!" I laughed at this and said "Go ahead, When the police ask me as to why I threw a bottle at your car I will happily explain to them that you drove the wrong way down a one way street and nearly hit me with you car. How about we pop down to the Police Station right now and sort this out?" Again, he looked at me with shock, called me a "fucking idiot" and drove off. I stood and waved until he turned off Moor St, picked up my drink bottle, put my earphones in again and wandered up Nicholson St.

As my darling friend said "Cm, when you know you're right. you are a force to be reckoned with. You gotta fight for your right.... to pedestrian safety" and that is exactly what I plan to do, projectile water bottles and all.

cmx

No comments: