Sunday, November 16, 2008

let's call this the comeback.

Recently, my friend Jacqui and I went and saw the movie Sexdrive. Not becuase we wanted to, but becuase Jacqui, being the competition superstar that she is, won us some free tickets. Half way through the movie and most of the way through our popcorn Jacqui turned to me and said "Case, I think that might be Dieter Brummer!" My eyes grew very wide and I turned to her and whispered "holy hell, you're right!" and for the rest of the movie we sniggered like teenage girls everytime "Dieter" came on the big screen.

It turned out that it wasn't dearest Dieter afterall, it was James Marsden but it got Jacqui and I thinking... where is Dieter now? Jacqui did some research and found that Dieter had recently been spotted cleaning some windows in Flemington which prompted repeated calls for a road trip from me.

This morning post-gym I was reading the paper and noticed that Dieter has landed a role in Underbelly II. I texted Jacqui in shock - she is yet to reply which I am taking as an obvious sign that she is in shock too. We spoke of him and he has returned. Magic really. Good work Dieter... I'm looking forward to seeing your cut abs on my telly once more, hell... I may even put your poster back up on my wall.

cmx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol i wonder if we start conversations about other ex Home & Away stars if it will bring them back too?