Tuesday, April 28, 2009

old dog = better at old tricks

It's taken a couple of months of talking myself back into it but last night I stepped back onto the dancefloor for some swing dance classes. I was a complete nervous wreck. The thought walking into a room and having to make physical contact with a bunch of people i don't know.... sweaty palms, body odour, halitosis... it's all enough to make an ex-dental nurse vom.

but... i did it(go to class not vomit). and you know what? i aced it. it all came back to me just like riding a bike but I'm actually really good at this. One lesson back and I have been moved up to intermeadiate. This evening I'm praticing my moves in the loungeroom much to my housemates amusement and desperate for next monday to come around so i can hold a strangers hands and find my inner quiet.

cmx

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Awesome! Will you do those flippy things where everyone gets to see your knickers? Gosh, I hope so.