Thursday, December 18, 2008

open letter pt 2

Hi Matt,

I hope this letter finds you well.. You know, not too tired from touring, being awesome etc.

So, I purchased your album even though I had already decided that it “fucking sucked” and that I wasn’t looking forward to your gig. I may have slandered you a little, accused you of selling out and told anyone who would listen just how disappointed I was in you, how you hurt me and made me mad. I got the album because I like complete sets of things, I’m a bit like that.

Matt, I’m really sorry and I was wrong. Your album is amazing and a late runner for my album of 2008. It makes me want to yell along with my best mate, and then punch her in the face, hug her and then drink a beer and kick stuff with her. I like to yell along to it when no one is home and it reminded me that it’s okay to be mad about things that upset me.

The gig last weekend was awesome. It will probably be gig of the year for me even though the “sparkle stalker” was there and making me feel a bit uncomfortable. I had a really great time. I’m still black and blue with bruises but whenever I think about that gig I have a big smile on my face.

I’m sorry Matt, I’ve missed you and your band mates terribly… I was wrong and I can see that. Do you think we could be friends again?

Caseymoira x

No comments: